Wednesday, February 21, 2007

8 Minutes in My Morning


I have found a quick, simple exercise regimen that has reshaped my body in 10 minutes a day, 6 days a week- at my home.

For any of you who have ever wanted to change the shape of your body, I challenge you to try this!


Its called 8 Minutes in the Morning. But first, my story....

I grew up feeling my body was okay. I have never had strong feelings about my weight or size. From age 15, I have been a steady size 12, weighing between 130-145 lbs. I have maintained a very minimal, but regular, fitness level. In other words, I'd walk about 2 miles 1-2 times a week, and do beginner pilates once a week. My goal was to be "fit"; not slender or tiny or even beautiful. No exercise regimen I had ever been on changed the shape of my body. I had never dieted, I usually ate too much sugar, and I ate whenever I was hungry.

At age 21, one year after my first baby was born, I weighed 140 lbs. I was still a size 12, still maintaining minimal fitness and very content with that.

However, around the time I conceived my 2nd child, I stopped exercising. As I gained weight, I started feeling blob-like. Too soft around the edges, if you get my drift. Six months later, I was well-rounded. I decided that when this baby was born, I was going to do something about my large horizontal stature.

I found Jorge Cruise's 1st book, 8 Minutes in the Morning. I read it cover to cover and decided this was the exercise routine for me! It is only 2 exercises a day, with Sundays off. Since I can do 10 minutes of anything, I decided this was something I could maintain.

I got up to 187 lbs that pregnancy. The birth was perfect, leaving me at 170 lbs.

About a month later, I began my 8 Minutes. I bought a copy of the Book myself. (I should mention, the fitness plan includes an eating plan that is very simple, good nutrition. It involves portion control. However, since I was breast-feeding, I decided not to reduce my calorie intake. I did try to follow the general principles, though. So, basically, I ate a few more veggies, and added some Omega 3 to my diet. I still ate everything else as usual. If you follow the eating plan, you'll have results much quicker than I did.)

I was back into my size 14 jeans in a few weeks. I seemed to lose about 1 lb/week, or slightly less. I couldn't have been happier to wear those jeans, either! I kept up my 8 Minutes faithfully.

In November, (I had been doing 8 minutes for 2.5 months, so I weighed around 155-160) Royal took me clothes shopping. He wanted me to have some attractive jeans. (I've never been good at having clothes that fit well.) I was shocked when size 10 fit me. I was sure it was just the badly sized generic brand. I had never worn a size 10 anything that I could remember. So, we took home my first size ten, and I was pretty skeptical about it.

By December, I needed more small jeans. I got some "expensive" used jeans in size 10 that fit pretty well. I also had to buy a dress for my Sister's wedding. And again, it was a size 10, and a bit loose.

In February, I went back to the consignment store for more, since my size 10s were too loose. (I was back down to about 140 lbs now.) I brought home two pair of size 8 jeans.

Finally, around July (after 8 minutes every day for almost a year.), I was out on a wild, random shopping spree (long story, but it was Royal's orders), and I tried on some size 6 jeans "just for fun". Not only did they fit, but they were comfortably loose. Dumbstruck, I brought home that victory!

Here's me in June- 11 months after baby number two.


Now, I weigh 135ish, I wear a size 8 on bad days, and I do my workout no matter what. 8 Minutes of strength training. I still have too much sugar most of the time, and I eat what I want.
I have to tell you, it is pretty fun being so small! I like being in my ideal weight category. I like being small, and still having plenty of muscle.

Someday I'm going to start an 8 minutes challenge with my whole family, so we can all get fit together. When I do, You'll see the post, and I hope you'll join the challenge.

For more information, or if you want to try out 8 Minutes, please email me! I'd love to hear about it and encourage you. royal.spamcan@gmail.com Happy Slenderizing!

8 Minutes is a fitness plan designed by Jorge Cruise. His first book, 8 Minutes in the Morning (the original), has been the basis for my routine. If you buy it, I recommend getting the "Kit". It has all the exercises on separate, easy to use Cards. (So, you don't have to hold a book open to see the exercises. That's what I use.) The next version of the same book: 8 Minutes in the Morning for Extra Easy Weight Loss has been the basis for my improved eating habits (it has a simplified eating plan.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, you look AWESOME! I just wanted to let you know that you totally inspired me and I just requested all the 8 Minutes books that my library had, and I can't wait to pick them up and get started! If my results are even a fraction of yours I'd be thrilled!