

As we read the scripture Genesis 1:26-27 yesterday morning, Grace asked what dominion means. I told her, "It is being in charge of something." So, Adam had dominion from God over the "fish of the sea, and the fowl of the air, and the cattle, and every creeping thing which creepeth upon the earth."
Grace's face lit up. "So, Adam was a farmer!"
"Exactly!", I said, delighted. And added,"All men have dominion over these things, Grace. That means we're all farmers in a small way."
Grace's face lit up again. "Everyone is a farmer?"
"Right!"
"So, Daddy is a farmer, and Sienna is a little farmer!"
"Right!"
Then we sang the Primary song from Grace's Sunday school, "Follow the prophet" to the following words:
Adam was a Farmer,
First one that we know.
In a Place called Eden
he helped things to grow.
Adam served the Lord
by following his ways.
We are his descendants
in the latter days.
This morning, Grace caught me off guard when she said,"Sienna is a little farmer."
Until I remembered how we are all farmers, taking care of God's creation.
Grace's face lit up. "So, Adam was a farmer!"
"Exactly!", I said, delighted. And added,"All men have dominion over these things, Grace. That means we're all farmers in a small way."
Grace's face lit up again. "Everyone is a farmer?"
"Right!"
"So, Daddy is a farmer, and Sienna is a little farmer!"
"Right!"
Then we sang the Primary song from Grace's Sunday school, "Follow the prophet" to the following words:
Adam was a Farmer,
First one that we know.
In a Place called Eden
he helped things to grow.
Adam served the Lord
by following his ways.
We are his descendants
in the latter days.
This morning, Grace caught me off guard when she said,"Sienna is a little farmer."
Until I remembered how we are all farmers, taking care of God's creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment