An Ode to Growing Fat while Pregnant
O Girth of mine,
Thou art a spring of life.
Life from another place
stretching forth my boundaries.
Softening all the edges
Of my body.
Really, I'm looking rather
Bloblike.
Which is why my current picture
won't be appearing here
with as much frequency
as it might otherwise be.
My Vanity is exceedingly great
to the overcoming of my sensibility.
So that even while I understand
the beauty, the process, and the necessity for it,
I am prone to cringe about my increasing girth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Elizabeth, you made me laugh out loud! Why isn't it as easy to lose the weight after baby comes as it is to put it on? Seems like it should, that's a fair trade, right?
I'm sure you're lovely! :)
take some comfort in that you are the best looking pregnant woman in our family. Most of us just look fat until we get in the 3rd trimester. =]
i love you!
Post a Comment