I think I've found the secret to feeling the Christmas Spirit.
So, my devoted audience (I love flattering myself....),
Try this one out, and let me know if it isn't true every time...
1. Find someone much worse off than yourself- lonely, or poor, or both- children are best. For instance, orphans, etc.
2. Spend lots of time thinking of how you could bring cheer into his life.
3. Spend some time giving to him. You can give time, attention, entertainment (sing to him, play an instrument, etc.), gifts, foodstuffs, etc. This is very fun in person, but if you are giving material objects, a secret santa approach is also very rewarding.
4. Drink some holiday beverage; eggnog, hot cider, wassail (stephen's gourmet defines good wassail), hot chocolate.
Now, can anyone use this formula without feeling the Love of Christmas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment