And, I was just reading my homework in the class notebook. I thought this was interesting:
We are like a person standing on a see-saw. (imagine this.)
Unless we stand in the very center, the see saw tips and we go down. The center represents moderation in all things, and the path of constant repentance and following Christ.
Going down one side represents perfectionism.
Going down the other side represents Outward rebellion, or sinfulness.
So, then there is this chart describing characteristics of the 3 possible paths:
Perfectionism
Following Christ
Outward Rebellion
And guess what? Perfectionism has a whole lot in common with rebellion!



But, at any rate it is interesting to me how I, being a perfectionist, married a perfectionist.
PS: Here's our latest family portrait. Look closely for several "hidden" stories.
3 comments:
never thought about perfectionism having a lot in common with rebellion. very interesting thought. thanks. =]
mmmmm...well that's like a well..DUH! lol we all know you two are perfectionists. as for perfectionism being a form of rebellion, well that shows how well you both fit into the family. lol love you guys
Hi Elizabeth - just found your blog :). Mine is www.lisabrown.typepad.com if you want to check it out. I think I fall into the perfectionist catagory too . . . guess I had better work on that. Oh, and I noticed in the picture you are pregnant. Are you really pregnant?? How exciting!!
Post a Comment