It is spring again. I love experiencing the season change. I love seeing the death of winter give way to little green buds. Or, purple buds, red buds, or gorgeous huge white blossoms! I love spring.
I love winter. I love the season of cold and death, but when it gives way to spring, who can help but sing?
My girlfriend tells me, "You are so lucky!" Every time I see her she is shocked at how wonderful my life is. I have 3 darling, sweet children (mostly.) She is 40, and will never raise her own children in this life. I have an awesome, close marriage. She is married to a man who tells her daily in the most foul language English can offer, that he wishes she would leave him forever.
Yes, I am lucky. For me, it is Spring right now. For her, winter. I love my spring. She is enduring her winter. I know my spring will not last forever. It will give way to summer, and then autumn, and even winters of sorrow. I know her winter will not last forever. She is doing her best to follow Jesus, and I know her winter will give way to a spring season full of life and joy.
I love this season, and I wonder when it will rescind and change to a harder time. But, I am very grateful for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel I'm in my own spring... Maybe summer now. I can totally relate! Love you Sis!
Post a Comment