Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our Mormon Code of Health

So, my sweet elderly neighbor asked me across the fence yesterday, "Are you all Mormon?"

"Yes!"

And, after a discussion about our temple here, which she walked through during the open house, she asked, "I don't want to be ugly, but is there anything you aren't allowed to eat?"

Grace immediately piped up, "We don't drink coffee, green tea, sweet tea, or alcohol. Other than those three, we can eat anything." Then, after some thought, she added, "Well, unless your parents won't let you eat something. Like Glow-in-the-dark gummy worms."

This is a hilarious and surprising reference to an incident at a birthday party months ago, where Grace won some glowing candy as a prize, and I immediately forbid her eating it. I just don't think our food show glow of its own accord.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

hahaha. And go Grace! You guys are excellent parents! I hope to be more like you Elizabeth!!

wilkinson family said...

lol, that is so totally funny!