The first morning I spent at our new home was a Saturday. I had come alone to wait for our movers. I did everything I could to put our new, empty home in order. It took me about 15 minutes. Then, I sat outside on the big swing under our big shade tree. There is something very different about shade here. Shade in AL and GA isn't really any cooler than the sun because of the extremely high humidity. Here, in the shade, it is ALWAYS cooler. A lot cooler.
First, all I could hear were the bugs singing. Then, cows mooing. (We have a herd of cows behind our backyard.) Then, I heard a clip-clop, clip-clop sound. I waited and watched to see what it could be. A horsedrawn buggy full of Amish neighbors soon appeared. They waved and continued down the street and out of sight.
Royal and the girls came before the movers. That was fortuitous because it allowed us to decide together which bedroom would belong to whom. The girls busied themselves on the 2 childsize swings hanging on our big shade tree. They were only content with that for about 2 hours.
So, that was my first morning. Since then, we've become good friends with our Landlord who farms behind us. He lets us feed the cows at night, and occasionally takes Royal out to help with farm chores or other misc. work. We LOVE it more than I could have guessed. We've told Mr. Farmer that we'd love to someday raise chickens. He immediately said we could do it here, in our backyard. He would help us build a coop! Yeah, this is cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment