Monday, September 17, 2007

A Really Good Book about Sex

You may notice, if you study this blog scrupulously, that I've added a book about Sex to my favorites list. I just have to explain myself a little.

Kosher Sex explains sex in the sacred, beautiful light it deserves. Boteach (author) teaches some Jewish beliefs about the centrality of sex to a marriage, and how nothing could be more special, or bring two people closer than proper sexual relations WITHIN a marriage. He goes into great detail about how sex before marriage actually destroys one's ability to be completely trusting and innocent when married. He also explains some things that can inhibit a couple's sexuality, and he explains why masturbation and pornography can never bring a couple closer, only make one another more replaceable.

I love this book. I read it twice before I had to return it to the Savannah library. I recommend this book for all people who want to someday have a great sex life with a committed spouse. I did not find it explicit or offensive in any way. (There are no illustrations, but a few strange quotes at chapter headings.) I found it uplifting, profound, and deeply connecting with my religious beliefs.

Please email me if this book enriches your life. (If you want to share. No details, please. royal.spamcan@gmail.com)

1 comment:

Kira =] said...

I love Shmuley! I only recently discovered him, but am excited to read this book you recommend. Thanks!