Thursday, October 4, 2007

Well, if you count your chicks before they hatch....

We didn't get our calf.

What can I say? In a way, I'm heartbroken. But, it is a very small way. I still hope we can get one after Mr. Farmer weans his calves this month. He felt so bad about the whole thing falling through, he offered to buy me one from the auction yard next week. I told him I am fine with waiting until his calves are weaned. That was our original plan, anyway. Getting a calf from the auction yard, you never know what diseases he brings home.

Lots of good things arise from this little heartache. First, I feel like I have finally found what I would love to do. (Raise something living, in addition to kids of course.) Second, I can go to my new niece Reili's blessing this weekend without someone else bottle feeding my calf. Third, I now have a few supplies for a calf, and Mr. Farmer and I have a place for him to go. Fourth, I now have a wonderful book on starting out with cattle.

No comments: