Thursday, January 7, 2010

Being a Wife

I'm glad I'm grown up, so I can be a wife.

Being a wife beats everything else.

I brag a LOT about how much work Royal and I have put into making our marriage awesome. (In fact, every chance I get to speak to a teenage young woman in the church, I gently preach about how happiness in marriage is simply a matter of working off your you-know-what; and since I have, well, I'm very happily married.)

I hope someday I write a book on marriage, just so I can get all my preaching about it off my chest.

But, for now, it is good just to be married. I love it. I love the fun times, the busy times, the intimate times, the working together times, the missing him while he's away times, the screaming-DADDY-and-running-to-the-door-when-he -gets-home times, the argument times, the thrill of going (alone) on a date after the struggle to get a cheap sitter times.

My marriage isn't always fun or easy, but it is the best part of my life, both presently and compared to everything I've ever had before this!

4 comments:

Kira =] said...

I joke that had I known how wonderful marriage was, I would've done it even sooner. =]

Another Piece Of Chocolate said...

What a wonderful tribute to you, your husband and to marriage. You are inspiring.

Freth Stifter said...

o.k. love your enthusiasm!

sleepless said...

I totally agree with you..struggles and all...it is really the best !!