Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally the Facebook Frontier

Well, I did it.

I joined Facebook.

This is what this means to me: 1. an opportunity to develop a professional network of the Deaf and Interpreters in the St. Louis area.

2. An opportunity for old friends to contact me and be as current as I wish them to be about my life.

I am not interested in local contacts on Facebook, other than professionally. I am also not interested in having an internet social life. My life is already brimming over with life! (Meaning my work of raising children to be with me in the eternities.) My life is overly full of very important things, and I don't have much room for less important though perhaps good things.

So, I love you, feel free to send me a friend request. If I don't respond, just email me. Why, Elizabeth? And I'll tell you. I'll say, "I really only use facebook for specific reasons. Why don't we go out to lunch, instead?" Of course, we'll have to do lunch after 10:30 PM when Mae goes to bed. (Did I tell you the good news? She is sleeping through the night! About 7 hours average.)

1 comment:

Jan Parker said...

EXACTLY!!! Everyone wants me to "go on Facebook" and I think, "I don't have TIME to go on facebook"...I already lose time when I am researching something on the web, doing email etc. I would much rather email, call, or go to lunch or whatever. And, I don't have a professional reason for using it so....
Miss you --- hey! Wanna go to lunch?