Monday, June 4, 2007

A Call for Quick, Simple Recipes

Dear Readers,

I'm looking for Quick, simple recipes that you use commonly. Please email them to royal.spamcan (at symbol) gmail.com

Here's one of my favorite, from the box:

Sea Shells Con Broccoli (From Mueller's pasta box)

16oz Pasta Sea Shells
4-8 cups fresh chopped broccoli florets, uncooked
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped fine
1/4 cup white grape juice concentrate
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

-Cook sea shells according to package directions, adding broccoli tha last 2 minutes of cooking itme
-Drain cover and set aside
-Heat oil in large skillet, add garlic, basil, rosemary, and tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes.
-Add juice and reduce by 1/2. Add broth.
-Toss in broccoli and sea shells, stir until heated through.
-Add cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.


The way I changed it was,

I do not add broccoli to pasta,
Instead, I add broccoli with garlic, etc, to hot oil. I stir fry for 2-3 min, then add juice and broth.
Then I simmer broccoli with other ingredients for 2-4 minutes.

Also, I didn't have sundried tomatoes. I just added fresh tomatoes.


This recipe is DELICIOUS!! PLEASE send me more! royal.spamcan@gmail.com

No comments: