Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Jury is In

Well, I only got one vote emailed in. It was to make my next major goal Learning Spanish, which I am doing a (very) little.

Anyway, in spite of minimal poll results, I have decided what my next "major" pursuit will be, and it turns out it didn't make the original list. (See last post.)

It could generally be termed Health.

My new health goal includes the following:

First, learning how to eat well on my current budget and with my current family

Also first, tweaking my personal fitness level.

Second, learning more about food.

And, eventually: Growing more of our own food, Using some all around good supplements, Learning how to preserve food, using food storage, learning about relationship between diet and female hormone-related mood-swings, etc.

Our current family project is to take on Dr. Weil's program called 8 weeks to optimum health. (Check out the book at your library!)

We're trying to successfully do "one week" every month. So, for 4 weeks, we'll be trying to master Week One of his program.

Optimum Health sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, and most of what he says is extremely intuitive and makes common sense. I'll let you know as we progress.

Speaking of week one, I better go take some Vitamin C!

No comments: