Sunday, April 13, 2008

Joys and Pains

This week, we have had the loveliest weather imaginable- for me! About 65, sunny, windy, with light clouds. It truly felt like Spring, with all that that implies. (New life, new vigor.) We are seeing more flowers than I have ever noticed at springtime before. Every tree is blossoming, and gardens are springing up. We have relished every minute of the warmer weather.

But, last night it rained, and today it was cold again. It was dreadfully cold. And, I realized I've gotten used to the beautiful weather already. Now, with the dreadful cold, my gratitude for the Spring is renewed. I will be even happier when fair weather returns because of this cold, rainy spell.

Isn't that a nice gift from God?

A girlfriend said to me the other day, "I don't know why things get dirty so quickly. Laundry, the bathtub, and everything. Things are dirty almost the moment you are done cleaning them! God must have something important to teach us from having to clean everything so often."

1 comment:

Freth Stifter said...

We had the thin cover on the bed ... but only our side we had against each other was warm ... last night we had to get up and retrieve the thick winter cover ...