Royal and I err on the cautious side when it comes to personal information. We never give out our information (address, phone, SSN, etc) to the cashier, to sign up for coupons, etc. We never use our last name on this public blog- even the title is an acronym!
So, when I had the chance to put my name in the phone book, or pay $2 for privacy, I opted to list our number under the fictitious roommate Edwin Parker. His name shows up on caller ID when we call you, and telemarketers have his name sold to them by our phone company.
Today I got the first call for Edwin. Later, I had a chance to chat with Royal online for about 5 minutes. Part of our conversation follows.
ME: Hey, babe, how are you?I just registered us with donotcall.gov . I just got our first call for Edwin Parker.
I think next phone number we use, our fictitious roommate should have a celebrity name like, Tom Cruise. Or, Steve Jobs. Then, when they ask for them, we can at least laugh...
Royal: hey!
ME: How about Mashed Potato for a roommate
in the phone book
Royal: How about Ima Dummy?
ME: Great! I love it!
How bout: Iona Porsche
How about Iwana sellyousomething
Royal: Wiami aL Loser
ME: Willya Marryme
Royal: Stahp Colling
Royal: Ah this is fun
Gotta go and throw pizzas, though
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wish I'd thought of using a ficticious name years ago. Although, using Dad's "James" in the listing helps us know that whoever is asking for James doesn't know us...no one who knows dad ever calls him that-only strangers.
My personal favorites are Ima Dummy and Waiami L.Loser
i love it. although i think we are going to go to all cell phone use.
Post a Comment