Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An Interesting Threat

Royal doesn't usually threaten me. (I know you're all sighing in relief.)

So, it was with shock and concern that I received this one: "Elizabeth, I want you to go back to school so you can finish your degree. If you don't go back to school, I will."

The jury is still out. And a little angry. (Just a teeny, tiny, little bit.) I endured 6 years of Royal in school. I don't care if he goes to his grave with no more education than a Bachelor of Fine Arts from a prestigious Private school.

And, I would LOVE to finish my degree. Any degree, actually. It's the worldly accomplishment and the excitement of college that appeals to me. I love to learn.

But, I am not convinced this is the season of my life for me to go back to school, not even part time. The Jury is still out.

2 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

What?! No comments on this issue?

I'm not exactly sure what to say ... or which direction to topple off the fence.

You did explain the objective if you decided to go back to school. And the purpose behind hubby going back to school would be ... ?

Not bored with work is he? Would it be necessary for further promotion? Need vs. Desire ... ?

The Mrs. said...

No "need", Royal just wants to make professional progress, and sees more schooling as one route.