My darling Sienna talks like a prim and proper little adult. Grace has been coaching Sienna on correct pronounciation (every morning before I let them out of their room) for years. The last vestiges of her toddler talk is she says the sound 'th' with a 'f'. It doesn't make her words less clear in the least, and you would never even notice it in a normal conversation with her.
Well, Grace has been strongly encouraging Sienna to say she is "THree" instead of "free". So, to help her speak properly, I help Sienna while reading the scriptures to say the 'th'
sound during her turn to read, whenever it comes at the beginning of a word. (She "reads" our scriptures by repeating after us for a verse or two.) She has become very adept at saying the following words: them, the, themselves, therefore, etc. She says them all correctly, and I realize that is very good progress.
So, today, I started emphasizing the 'th' | at the end of the words, such as "saith", "desireth", and "faith". I think "faith" was the straw that broke the camel's back. She tried "faif." Then she tried "Thaith". And, then she gave up in a good humor and started reading like this:
"Therethore, they, thaving thothen thood, thand thexerthithing thextheedingly threat thaith, thare thalled thith tha tholy thalling." (See Alma 13:3)
|
3 comments:
lol. Thanks for sharing that!
That is so funny! I don't blame her for throwing it all out there!
Our favorite FHE song is "Thaith is knowing the sun will rise" :}
I haven't been to your blog in a while. It's so fun to see what you are all up to. :}
Post a Comment