Friday, May 15, 2009

Meet President Uchtdorf


As we ate breakfast this morning, I thought it would be a good time to teach the girls the names of the First Presidency of the Church, since we have their picture taped onto the side of the fridge.


"Ladies, Do you know the names of our Prophet and the men who help him, called Counselors?"


"I only know the Prophet," said Grace, "That's President Monson."


"Well," said Mom, "The tall guy is called President Eyring. EYE-ring. The guy with the white hair is called President Uchtdorf. Can you say OOOOK-doorf?"


"Ooookdoorf," repeated Grace.


"Can you say 'Uchtdorf', Sienna?" asked Mom. She added, "Oooh-Kh-D-Oh-R-F."


Sienna hung her head low and said in a very quiet murmur, "Well, I can say President Monson."

4 comments:

Myhouse4nine said...

way to teach girl! good try Sienna!

Another Piece Of Chocolate said...

At least they know thier strengths and limitations :- )

The girls are so beautiful - they are growing up so fast!

GrammaonaMission said...

Good Try Sienna! It's only important that you can say
"Gramma Gail" (:

Love ya best,
Gramma Gail

Jan Parker said...

I know adults who cannot say his name correctly...don't try. At least she tries eh? Way to teach'em!