Tuesday, May 13, 2008

7 Years and A Bag of Chips

This past weekend Royal and I made the trek to Atlanta to witness my brother getting sealed to his adopted daughter Leah Grace.

Being sealed means- to mormons- being bonded as a family by the power of God for all eternity. You can only be sealed by an authorized servant of God in a dedicated Temple of God. So, anyway, its pretty darn special.

Royal and I were married (for all eternity) in that same temple 7 years ago. So, going back was even more special.

And, I am so grateful for how we've grown our marriage since then. I love how much I've become more like who I ultimately want to be, and I love how dramatically different Royal has become.

Before we were engaged, Royal (in a characteristically (whoa, that's a long word!) bold move) said to me on the phone one day, "You're everything I want in a wife, and a bag of chips." What a lucky guy! ;-)

1 comment:

Jan Parker said...

Ah, but wasn't there the added bonus of going to Atlanta and continuing eternal family business by getting little Jim blessed and starting Grandma Johnson's work? (and seeing us again!)