Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Winds of Change are Blowing

Royal has officially put in his application for a job in Missouri. The job is one that would suit his personality better, pay better, have better medical benefits, and be from a better company. We expect to move soon.

Suddenly I find myself packing! It is good.

While we love where we live so much that we would retire here, I expect to love the new area as much. Also, we will probably be closer to a temple.

Our garden is producing tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, and has unripened red cabbage, watermelons, cantaloupes, and butternut squash.

I am teaching the Mia Maids (14-15 yrs old) on Sundays. I enjoy myself and I get at least one week off per month.

I got 3 hours completely to myself today! It was wonderful. I got my car fixed, got a new prepaid cell phone for Missouri, and saw a friend. I feel normal again. It is a hard job, being a full-time mom. It improves with a little vacation, though.

4 comments:

wilkinson family said...

wow, moving is the pitts.
so glad you were able to get 3 hrs. to yourself, i know what a magical feat that is.

Melody Kingsley said...

When are you guys moving??? We are so sad that you will be far away but we want you to be happy. We can't wait to visit you there, though. STL is lots of fun!

FoxFamily said...

Wow! That is exciting. Lucky you to get 3 hours to yourself!! Yippie!

Jan Parker said...

Three hours?? Good for you!
So, when are you moving to Dad's "old stompin' grounds"? Call or email and let us know would you?
What will happen to the livestock?
Who will he be working for?
And, is that note on the blog re: the SE Regional Emmy about a NEW award?(#2?)