Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Weakness for Books

Well, I got my first spending money the first of June (which I wrote about a little back in May). And then the first of July, and then the 1st of August.

And, what have I done with it? Mostly I bought Books I have wanted, or books that looked good, or books on topics I need to learn right now. I'm making it a goal right now to post a list of all the amazing books I've bought since May. (Here it comes...)

I am now the proud owner of 2 books by W. Edwards Deming! (One was free!) (He was a quality expert who taught the Japanese about Quality after WWII. I love his business philosophies.)

I am learning Bonnie Prudden's Myotherapy, and I have 2 more of her books to read when I finish that one!

I've read 2 more of Jorge Cruise's recent books: 3 hour Diet and 12 Second Sequence.

I've read Miserly Moms and own Frugal Families by Jonni McCoy.

I've read the More with Less Cookbook compiled by Dorothy Janzen Longacre, and some of The Amazing Legume by Alice Jenner.

I've received a reading program I'm using in our homeschool called Reading Reflex: Phono Graphix program for intuitive reading.

I've received and reread the Sidetracked Home Executives.

I just got my latest from paperbackswap, but I'm saving it to open on my Birthday. Its called: "Brand You 50" by Tom Peters. It is a wonderful how-to book, although with some expletive language.

Finally, I've joined a website where I can share what I think about the books I read. Its called Goodreads.com, and any of you who would like to connect with me there, just email me! It is really fun to see what my friends are reading.

3 comments:

MoMmY k:-) said...

im a member at goodreads.com:-)

Melody Kingsley said...

I've always felt books were a justifiable purchase. I'm an Amazon fan myself.

MoMmY k:-) said...

I have to say that I'm quite happy to click on your blog and see a picture other than a chicken!:-)