Before last Saturday, though, I'd hated my hair for AWHILE.
I've had these fantasies of having smooth, straight hair that lays down. When my hair is straight, it is BIG like the 80's. When it is not straightened, it is BIG like the 80's.
I finally found what I've been looking for all this time, but it is not straight hair. It is a way to nurture my natural curl that I did NOT know was hiding under that mane of frizz. Here is a pic. It is BIG here, but you'll see that it isn't always big now. Just curly.
I'm using the "Curly Girl" method (its a book.), and in 3 weeks, she says I will have "unlocked" all my hidden curl. So, in 3 weeks you can see what my hair really actually looks like when I'm nice to it. This pic is from 6 days into the 3 weeks.
6 comments:
Elizabeth, your hair is beautiful!! If this is only 6 days in, can't wait to see how it looks at the end of the 3 weeks! I've read that book but I haven't tried her method. Are you doing the "no-poo" thing as well? One of these days I'm going to get brave and try that.
My hair is actually quite a bit less curly than it was in Savannah. I know some of that is the lack of humidity but I also know that I lost a lot of curl when I was pregnant with Maren. Haven't noticed a significant loss this time around--fingers crossed!
I love the curly book method. It's helped me to love my new hair. =]
Looks great already!! I just put a hold at the library for the book :- )
So, Heidi, you're expecting again! That is wonderful! I am so glad from your comment to see that we are still in touch.
Yes, No shampoo for me! I wash my scalp with a light conditioner. Then I condition with a pretty serious protein conditioner.
Don't feel like you have to get brave to give up shampoo. My hair is REALLY clean, and I just rub my scalp with fingers and a little conditioner. One thing you do have to do: Make sure NONE of your styling product have silicone. If they don't, you can use them, and they will wash right out with conditioner.
To check for silicone, read the ingredients. Anything ending with -cone -conol or -xane is silicone.
Final note: some silicones are modified to be water soluble. If they have PEG-# (like PEG-8) or PPG-#, then they are OK.
Why don't you try it for a week and see how you like it?
Love, E
Bytheway, conditioners usually have silicone, so you need to only wash with silicone free conditioner, too!
wow! well if i had realized that your hair was curly or leaning toward it, i would have given you that book years ago! I found it after we moved to augusta about 8 yrs. ago and have since passed around several copies, so sorry being such a slacker and not noticing.
your hair is gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment