Okay, My sis in law posted about many things she is "proud of", most of which were statements of admirable gratitude. But her last statement was just too provocative, and I couldn't resist responding in a terrible way.... (Haven't gotten that "not easily provoked" virtue part yet.)
She said, "We are all proud of things...I think that what you are proud of is what determines whether you are stuck up or big headed"
I am on a mission to prove that I am stuck up AND big headed. (Hey, the truth should hurt, but in this case it just makes me laugh.)
I am proud that one human being whom all should regard as extremely intelligent said she has blog envy of THIS! HA, hahahaha! (Maybe you should sit down for this post.)
I am proud that I have used up almost all the free food I inherited from the Hendrick Family's freezer when they moved a few months ago.
I am proud that If you pointed out 10 large items in my home, the chance that we bought one of them new is extremely small. [Tightwad born and bred, baby!-R}
I am proud that So many cool people want to stay my friends. (Don't understand it, but I like it!)
I am proud that Royal has a degree from an extremely prestigious Private Art school that is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, and I take full credit for that achievement. (Please, don't go to SCAD! It isn't worth the money!)
I am proud that we are out of debt, including school loans, and I take almost full credit for that, too. (Royal earned it, and I lived on next to nothing to pay off debt.)(I have to admit, though, that God gave Royal the good job, and Royal was willing to not spend any money either. So, it wasn't all me.)
I am proud that I am comfortable in my skin. I don't always admire my skin, especially the saggy stuff in the middle. But, I am comfortable here.
I am proud that I finally led a fitness challenge with some friends this year. Been wanting to do that for years!
I am proud that I love being married. After 7 years of working hard to serve each other, and putting our marriage first, before school stress, before children, before everything except God, we have not only made it through, but it is better than ever. I love Royal much better than ever before. He is a more wonderful person than the one I married (who was already really cool.)
I am proud that I consider my marriage a higher priority than meeting my children's every demand. The "Royal and me" is always as important as the children (and sometimes more so). I don't know any other couple with children at home I can definitely say that about.
I'm proud that the kitchen is no longer the worst enemy in my life.
What I'm ashamed of:
I'm ashamed that our used couch is disgusting. We used to have a nice set from Donny and Laura. They were too short for Royal to lay down, so we gave them to another family. This one is going out to the dump tomorrow. (Royal is the best! He is letting me get a different one.)
I'm ashamed that I cannot get my house clean.
I'm ashamed that I am not a very compassionate mother.
I'm ashamed that I care what others think. (Sometimes.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am proud that YOU are my sister. =]
love you!
well...it doesn't really sound like you are big headed OR stuck up.
Post a Comment