Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When you are not in a hurry...

Okay, so here's what I learned:

1. Time goes MUCH slower. As in, I really felt the whole day. And, after each day, I felt as though I had lived through another (lovely) week.

2. All my problems did not go away. On the contrary, most of the demands on my time persisted. I did notice that I felt less stressed out while meeting the constant demands (mostly from small children.)

3. I was able to put distant worries out of my head at will. For example, I was able to completely avoid worrying about where we will be living next month. Then, Thursday night, I started thinking about the unknowns of our upcoming move, and the stress descended. Friday morning, I had a fit of near-hysteria. Poor Royal and I had to sort that all out. (I'm very happy to report that we now have a moving date!!!! Oct 27!!! AND Royal has made arrangements so we won't be homeless after that date.)

Book recommendation: Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.

1 comment:

Myhouse4nine said...

SO where will you be living tomorrow? We just finished living in hotels for three days short of a month and it was nice to know where we would sleep but it would be better next time to close on our home faster. We missed having normal food.....