Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm FREE!

It hit me at 8pm Friday night, that I would never have to enter that windowless, cinderblock room for 10 hours a day (to kill time) again.

I hadn't really given much thought to the upcoming change in my job because I didn't want to get my hopes up. Perhaps I would botch the negotiations process. Perhaps I would mess up the interview, or they would find something in my background check that made them want to rescind their offer.

My employer knew I was moving on and had literally begged me to resign already! I never felt comfortable doing that without a signed contract with my new employer. Weeks passed, as did the interview, the negotiations, and the background check, but still no signed contract. By the time I put in my two weeks notice it was a wearily relinquished notice with no true finality. There were still so many unknowns.

But two weeks after, when the last crew for the day came out of the simulator, that glorious realization hit me--one way or another, I was free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connected with the new employer yet? A contract? Or did you move on blind faith? Hope all is well with you all ...